We are happy to announce the new playground area and swings are now open. Come on by and check it out!
Please note, we are still working on the challenge course and hope to have it open soon.
For more information about upgrades to our parks and programs please visit www.wrparks.org or www.woodriver.org and follow Wood River Park and Recreation on Facebook
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO BE A
CITY OF WOOD RIVER
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Wood River will be accepting applications to establish an alternate eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Currently a full-time sworn officer of a regular police department in any municipal, county, university or State law enforcement agency, provided you are certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
2. Reside within either Madison County, IL or within 15 miles of the City limits of Wood River (within the State of IL) within 12 months of hire date.
3. Meet all other qualifications as set forth in the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Wood River, IL.
4. Probationary starting pay $66,370.25. Following the probationary period (6 months), wages will increase to $73,744.72. Wages include 4 hours of guaranteed overtime. Additional pay increase after May 1 each year.
5. 100% paid health insurance coverage for employeeswith options to cover spouse/dependents.
6. 11 paid holidays.
7. All uniforms and equipment furnished.
Application packets will be available for pick up at any time starting Monday, June 26, 2023 at the Wood River Police Department.
Completed applications must be received no later than 5:00pm on Friday, July 21, 2023.
Applications may be submitted to the Police Department or may be mailed to:
Fire and Police Commission
550 E. Madison Avenue
Wood River, IL 62095
The City of Wood River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By order of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners,
Wood River, Illinois Secretary: Steve Alexander
The City of Wood River is required by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) to complete an inventory of lead water service lines by April 2023. We are requesting that residents participate in a Water Service Line Survey.