How much is the fee for the new water service?

The City of Wood River charges a $60 non-refundable service charge for all new water services. The City does not collect deposits.

How often will I be billed for my water, sewer, and trash service?

Your water, sewer, and trash service are combined into one bill that is mailed every month.

What could be the reasons for an unusually high water bill?

If you believe there is a discrepancy in your bill, please call (618) 251-3131. There is a possibility that you have a water leak.

How do I get rid of my leaves?

During late fall the City will send a leaf pick-up truck around the City to collect leaves. Leaves need to be raked to the curb, not in the street, the day before pick-up. Schedules for the pick-up are published in the City Pipeline community newsletter. Leaves can also be taken to the City’s dump and compost center at 400 Smith Ct (located in the EnviroTech Business Park on the west side of town) for free.

What are the City Dump/Compost Facility hours for dumping leaves or large items?

The City Dump/Compost Facility is open only on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8 am to 4 pm and Sundays from noon to 4 pm. Dumping charges vary. For more fee information, please call (618) 251-3122.

Curbside brush pick-up is also available to citizens for a $50.00 per truck load fee. For more information on how to schedule a pick-up, please call (618) 251-3131.

Republic Services will pick up bulky items, such as furniture, old carpet, junk materials, etc for a fee. (2 free per calendar year)  For additional information or to schedule a pick-up, please call Republic Services at (618) 656-6883.

When does spring and fall clean-up begin?

Spring and fall clean-up have been replaced by personalized on-demand clean-ups. (2 free pickups per calendar year)  Call Republic Services to schedule an individual big trash pickup at (618) 656-6883.

When can I have the water turned on?

The Public Services Department turns the water on 2 times a day once from 7 am to 7:30 am and then again from 2 pm to 2:30 pm. Water service can be turned on on the same day as long as a request is made before the time frame. Someone must be there during turn-on in case of leaks or another unexpected emergency.

What do I need in order to establish water service?

New customers must present a valid state-issued ID along with a second form of signature guarantee, ie. social security card, signed lease agreement, FOID card, or signed debit/credit card.

When is City Hall open?

All City departments can be contacted during the office hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday except on recognized holidays. A night drop is located at the entryway of City Hall for water/sewer customer payments and is available 24 hours/7 days a week.

When does the City test the emergency warning sirens?

The City tests these sirens on the first Tuesday of each month at approximately 10 am.

What are the pound fee and the cost for dog tags?

The dog pound release fee is $25.00 for the first release. Please call for rates on subsequent releases. For all information regarding animal release please contact the Police Department at (618) 251-3113 and speak with Dispatch. The City no longer requires animal tags. Contact Madison County to tag your animals.

What is the speed limit on streets where the limit is not posted?

On streets with no speed limit sign, the speed limit is 30 mph and 15 mph in alleys.

What is the curfew for my 17-year-old child?

The curfew law does not apply to 17-year-olds. Only those who are 16 years old and younger are affected. These children have a curfew of 11 pm to 6 am on Sunday night to Thursday night and midnight to 6 am on Friday and Saturday nights. Holidays and school breaks are not exceptions. In addition, the driver’s license of a 16-year-old out after curfew is considered not valid during curfew hours.

Can I use my credit/debit card?

Yes. Credit and Debit Cards can be used in person at the Finance Department.

How many dogs and cats am I allowed?

City ordinance states that all persons shall be limited to ownership of two dogs and three cats per residence.

Related Pages

THE CITY OF WOOD RIVER
111 NORTH WOOD RIVER AVE.
WOOD RIVER ILLINOIS, 62095
THE CITY OF WOOD RIVER
111 NORTH WOOD RIVER AVE.
WOOD RIVER ILLINOIS, 62095
CITY HALL
MONDAY-FRIDAY
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
CLOSED MAJOR HOLIDAYS
CITY HALL: (618) 251-3100